This weekend is the biannual Blogathon! But honestly, I’m not sure the next four days will be any different from my usual life. I pretty much spend any and all extra time blogging. Or at least doing blog-related things (designing, planning, mentoring, reading, thinking about blogging…basically anything to procrastinate the actual writing of the blog posts).
At least this weekend I have an excuse.
“Summertime, and the blogging is easy! Brands are jumping, and the pageviews are high…”
You’re welcome for that. ^
If you’re new to the Blogathon and want to participate, you can find all the information and resources you need on the Blogathon website, including the sign-up page! After you sign up, let other people know that you are participating by blogging about or sharing on social media. Then make a list of your blogging goals, and get cracking!
There are usually some Twitter discussions, Instagram prompts, and sponsored prizes, but each Blogathon is a little different, so who knows what surprises this one will hold? Me actually getting some blog posts finished? IT’S POSSIBLE! #iminamood
Well I thought I would take a moment and share my goals and plans for this Blogathon. Luckily my schedule is pretty open for the next four days. Here is what I do have planned:
Noon- Food Truck Friday with the family (#FTF!)
5pm- camping with the family (hmm…what can I do out there with just my phone?)
9am- board meeting at my theatre
Blogging (husband is going to play games with some friends, so it’s just me, the kids, and the blog!)
Spa/Shopping (seriously my life sounds ridiculously easy right now, but I’ve had this spa gift card for almost a year with literally no chance to use it until now!)
I’ll have my kids the whole time, so there’ll be plenty of mommying in there as well, but it’s awesome (and rare) that my schedule is that open right now.
How about goals? Well, my to do list is a mile long, but I have some pretty major projects that I’ve been putting off for awhile, and I’d like to get as much done on those as possible. Here are some of the things I’m planning on doing:
- go through more of the 21 day SEO challenge from Blogging Concentrated, work on my categories/tags, and come up with my lists of what to do before/during/after writing a post
- get my older evergreen posts entered into Edgar
- update my Blogger Networks list, send a new copy of my Blogger Networks spreadsheet to my purchasers, and start writing posts on here about my favorite blogger networks, and link to them from my original post
- look more closely at the new themes I’m considering and possibly purchase one and start configuring it
- plan out and/or write some blog posts for the next two months
Well, I hope you’ll join me and sign up! And if you want to connect with fellow Blogathoners, feel free to join the Blogathon Facebook group. Happy blogging!